Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The time finally arrived!!

In the Latin culture it is customary to pierce you baby girl ears right after birth. Heck I got my pierced the day I was born. Now a days doctors don't pierce them any more and you have to wait till they get their first vaccines. So I went to Claires last Friday to get them done. There was a lot of little girls of the age of 10 doing them. I was the only one with a baby. When it was Annabelle's turn. I had women looking at me like if I was crazy. I had one mother tell me why am I putting my little girl through that. I looked at her but didn't response because I had my little girl crying. After Annabelle stopped crying I though why do mother's thinking I am tortuning her. What is the difference between 4 months and 10 yrs old. It hurts the same. Isn't the pain now then then. I personal respect the fact that some mothers want to wait but who gives then the right to judge me. I am looking at it this way. Annabelle have not discover her ears yet. So it make it easy to heal. She won't mess with them so they can't get infected and at the same time she won't remember the pain. I sure don't. Once all was done I called Stephen at work and let him know. I was worry about his reaction when it got home. It took me a great deal to convince Stephen to let me pierce her ears. To him it's letting go of his little girl. To quote him he said, " What's next a tatoo?" . He looked like if he was going to cry. At first I wanted to laugh since I am use to seeing little baby girls with earrings, but I remember it not an American custom. If it was up to him Annabelle would not get them done till she is 15.

Here is how my little girl looks.



3 comments:

  1. That's great that you stuck to your culture on this. Annabelle won't even remember it, so now is a perfect time. And she looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I think you should do it when they are young.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! You did it. She looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete